Kermit the Frog once said “It’s not easy being green”…and he was right. He may not have been referring to “green” as it pertains to mother earth…but making an effort to protect the environment can be difficult. It may require additional effort, conscious environmental thinking, and dedication. However, taking an effort to environmental conservation will not only conserve the environment, but it will make it #BeautyFull, and provide us with a healthier well-being.
Protecting the earth and maintaining an affinity with nature and its precious resources is an integral part of Pevonia’s philosophy. Pevonia believes that the most powerful ingredients in skincare come from the safest source…nature…so why not take every effort to protect our planet and also help ourselves?
This summer, before heading out on vacation, we’re asking you to join us in making the commitment to “Go Green While Traveling”. Here are a few ways you and your travel buddies can join us in making this vision possible:
An important part of making a commitment to environmental conservation is to be sure to research your destination and search for places to stay that make and effort towards going green. …this doesn’t mean you need to camp in a tent, skip showers, and cook over campfires…this simply means ensuring that the hotel or location of stay makes conscious choices for the environment. In addition, here are a few ways you can help:
- Turn off the lights in your room
- This may go without saying, but many believe that because “I’m not paying for it” it doesn’t matter if I leave them on. Conserve energy, and be sure to turn off all electricity before leaving your room.
- Take Shorter Showers
- We often like to take long, hot, steamy showers when the water bill isn’t coming to us…but be sure to always conserve water and use only what is needed.
- There are a lot of hotels out there that place recycling bins in each room for your convenience…so use them! If this is not possible, bring your own bag along with you and save your recyclables until you can find an appropriate location to dispose of them for reuse.
Pack Reusable Items
This particular item has become a staple within my family. We always pack our recyclable water bottles, reusable bags, and travel containers to stay environmentally conscious while traveling. We bring along water bottles in an effort to save on plastic, and always conveniently have something to drink without having to purchase and waste on plastic. This not only saves the environment but is much more cost efficient than spending money on expensive bottles of water. In addition, if we’re stopping at a gas station or grocery store we’ll use recyclable shopping bags, or ask for paper.
You may also be tempted to use the hotel shampoos & soaps, but instead, purchase reusable bottles and refill with your favorite shampoos, soaps, and skin care. Pevonia® conveniently offers travel kits that are 100% recyclable, and 3-1-1 safe for flying, so be sure to also take your skincare on the road with these amazing value sets.
Participate in Green Events or Activities
This one is sort of an adventure…because there certainly aren’t “GO GREEN” events waiting for you at each travel destination. However, there are plenty of greener activities or events to choose from that are more environmentally conscious than others. Make the commitment to participate in at least 1 environmentally friendly activity, even if you have to “make your own”. Here are a few ways you can participate in your own “green activities”:
- Go to the beach, and bring along a bag to pick up trash on the beach
- Choose local green restaurants that use locally sourced food
- Attend a Farmer’s Market
- Walk or bike to a destination instead of driving
- Visit a National Park and take a hike
With just a few “GREEN” decisions, you can join us in making the earth a better place for travelers near and far; for now, and in the future.