Yesterday we discussed how Perception Disorder is a condition that causes us to view ourselves as the center of the universe. Today, we discuss seven things to know about this addition, its disorder and how to move past it…
1. Perception Disorder is a progressive disease that compromises our quality of life. We all have it to varying degrees.
2. Severe, progressive Perception Disorder can lead to severe mental illness, such as addiction.
3. Addiction is a disease that wants to kill you. For this reason, abstinence is not recovery; it is only a prerequisite to recovery.
4. The underlying Perception Disorder was present before, and is exacerbated by, the abuse. Therefore, treating the Perception Disorder is imperative.
5. If you suffer from an advanced stage of Perception Disorder, such as addiction, then getting outside help to arrest the disease must be your sole priority.
6. Even if you find yourself completely down and out, perhaps hospitalized or incarcerated, don’t be discouraged. This may be your greatest opportunity to grow in a more meaningful way than would otherwise have been possible.
7. We can markedly improve our quality of life through simple techniques that arrest the damaging effects of our Perception Disorder.
Photo by Callie Morgan